City of Gaffney Police Department
The City of Gaffney is seeking candidates to fill a vacant Police Officer position.
Click Here to view and download a PDF copy of this job posting or continue reading below:
Salary and Benefits:
- Base salary depending on qualifications or applicable certifications. Beginning at $28,485 annually.
- Excellent benefit package includes paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, twelve (12) paid holidays, overtime, PTO accrual, Police Retirement enrollment, take home vehicle options, and more.
Essential job functions include:
- Perform police patrol duties, investigations, traffic regulation, and related law enforcement activities.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age. A 12 hour rotating work schedule is required.
- Valid South Carolina driver’s license or ability to obtain to complete the SCCJA.
- Background reviewed for criminal record.
If additional information is needed, please contact Captain Mike Segina at (864) 489-8115.
An application may be obtained at Gaffney City Hall, Second Floor
201 N. Limestone Street, Gaffney, SC 29340
or visit http://www.getintogaffney.com/employment-opportunities
Applications must be completed in full and documents requested must be attached to be considered. Submission is accepted in person or mail by deadline below.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Applications must be submitted by February 10, 2017 @ 5:00 p.m.
Written and physical evaluations will be conducted on
Wednesday February 15, 2017 at 10:00 AM in the
City of Gaffney Police Department Lobby.
You must be present and complete evaluations to be eligible for hire.
Dress appropriate for physical fitness testing.